Most people want to know what the fastest way that they can obtain a pardon in Canada and that is understandable. After all, most people will want to ensure that they have a clear criminal record as swiftly as possible. In this article, we will discuss 1) What is Pardon in Canada or Record Suspension Canada, 2) How to get a pardon in Canada, 3) What is the process to get a Pardon in Canada, 4) How long it takes to get a Pardons Canada, 5) What is the fastest way to get a Pardon and 6) how much it costs to get a Pardon in Canada.
There are some companies that will make claims regarding the length of time that it will take to obtain a pardon in Canada. However, some of these shorter timeframes may simply be unrealistic and could possibly be a fraud. Many third party business are offering quick & simple process for pardons Canada but it is critical to know if your file is being handled by a reliable business or a Lawyer. Know about How do l get out of DUI?
What is a Pardons in Canada?
Prior to any further discussion, it is important to note that “Pardons Canada” term is no longer officially used. As of March 2012, Bill C-10, changed the term “pardon” to “record suspension.” Therefore, it is important to understand that the process of getting a pardon in Canada is essentially the same as getting a record suspension in Canada.
A record suspension means a person’s criminal record is removed from the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC). Therefore, any criminal background check will not show the person’s criminal record if the suspension is granted. This will help an individual with employment opportunities, promotion, adoption or child custody, obtaining property on rent or applying for a mortgage.
However, it is important to note the following.
- A record suspension does not erase a conviction, but a conviction is set aside;
- A record suspension does not guarantee you will get a visa to another country. If you frequently travel to US, then you should consider obtaining US Waiver.
- Sexual offender’s convictions are flagged in the database.
What is the process of getting a Pardon in Canada?
We have listed the process of getting a Pardon in Canada or a Record Suspension in Canada in simple and easy to understand language.
- Identify if you are eligible to apply for a Pardon or Record Suspension? Click Here.
- Make a decision who will prepare your Pardon or Record Suspension Application.
- Do it Yourself. The government of Canada website has detailed articles on this topic.
- Hire a Lawyer to do you Pardon Application; or
- Hire a reputable Pardon Services business to prepare your application.
- Get Fingerprints taken from an accredited fingerprinting company.
- Obtain your court record for each conviction from every courthouse as your proof of conviction.
- Collect your local police record from the local police where you live now.
- Pay the Fees and Submit the Application with proof government-issued IDs.
Do You Need a Lawyer to get a Pardons in Canada?
No, you do not need a lawyer or pardon service agency to complete your application for a pardon in Canada or record suspension in Canada.
You can complete the application yourself and the Government of Canada guide is fairly simple to follow. Despite the fact, many people prefer to hire a professional to file their application to ensure compliance.
If you had a choice between a Lawyer and a Pardon Service Agency, you should seriously consider hiring a Lawyer to work on your file. Lawyers are licensed professional by the Law Society, they are obligated to maintain a Trust Account and will remain responsible for the work done on your file. The most important aspect of retaining a lawyer is to ensure all your payments are protected since your fees are held in the trust account.