When it comes to choosing a countertop, there are a lot of factors to consider. But with quartz countertops gaining popularity, it’s worth considering why they make a better choice than granite. Quartz is softer than granite and doesn’t require sealant or maintenance. It also looks beautiful and has a variety of colors that can perfectly match your home décor.
If you’re considering upgrading your countertops but don’t know where to start, read on for our list of reasons why quartz is the best choice.
Slower to Maintain
Quartz Counters are slower to maintain than granite. Granite is a natural stone that can be easily maintained, but quartz is a manufactured product and may require special cleaning and care. Quartz also has a slightly different color than granite, which may cause compatibility issues if both materials are used in a kitchen.
Easier to Clean
Quartz countertops are easier to clean than granite because they are less porous. Granite is also harder to clean and requires special cleaners and care. Quartz is also more heat-resistant, so that it can handle warmer temperatures better.
Don’t Require a Lot of Maintenance
Quartz Counters are popular for homeowners because they don’t require as much maintenance as granite. Here are five reasons why quartz is a better choice than granite:
- They’re Non-Slip: Quartz Counters are slip-resistant, which means they won’t easily give way under your weight or when you bump them. This is an important safety feature, especially if you have young children.
- They’re Easy to Clean: Unlike granite, which can be challenging and requires unique cleaning products, quartz is easy to clean with a damp cloth and soap. You can also use a household cleaner on quartz if necessary, but be careful not to damage the surface.
- They’re Resistant To Temperature Changes: Quartz is more resistant to temperature changes than granite so it will remain consistent in color even after exposure to high heat or cold temperatures.
- They’re Affordable: Quartz countertops are less expensive than granite Countertops, and they last longer, too – sometimes up to 10 times longer than granite countertops.
- They Look Great: Many people prefer the look of quartz over granite because it’s more modern and sleek looking.
Paint Them Any Color You Want
Quartz Counters are a better choice than granite for a few reasons. For one, quartz is less expensive and can be painted any color you want. On the other hand, granite must be prepped with acid etching, which can add to the countertop cost and may not be available in all colors. Additionally, granite requires special care – it’s often recommended that it not be wiped clean and that water spots do not form – which could lead to staining and wear over time. Finally, quartz is heat-resistant up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, so it can handle high heat settings in kitchens without worrying about damage.
Last Longer Than Granite
Quartz Counters are much more complex and durable than granite, making them a good choice for kitchens and other areas where durability is essential. They can also handle more wear and tear than granite, making them a better choice in high-traffic areas. Quartz is also less likely to discolor or fade over time, making it a more reliable option in homes with children or pets.
Better Choice for Some Surfaces
Quartz is a better choice for some surfaces than granite. Quartz is less likely to develop “cracks” or “crazing” over time and is easier to clean. Additionally, quartz is less expensive than granite, which can be a significant consideration if your budget is tight.
Quickly Repair them If They Become Damaged
There are many benefits to choosing quartz countertops over granite. First of all, quartz is much more durable than granite. This means that if a Quartz Counter becomes damaged, it can be repaired rather than replaced. Additionally, quartz is half the weight of granite and is easier to install. Finally, quartz is not as prone to staining or scratching as granite, making it a better choice for households with children or pets.
Many Options are Available to You When It Comes
When you are looking for a new countertop, many options are available. One of the most popular choices today is Quartz Counters. They come in many different styles and colors and are much more affordable than granite countertops. Here are some reasons why Quartz Counters make a better choice than granite:
- Quartz is much less likely to chip or break than granite.
- Quartz is easier to clean than granite.
- Quartz does not require as much maintenance as granite does.
There are a few reasons why quartz countertop might make a better choice than granite for your kitchen. First of all, quartz is much harder than granite, meaning it will hold up to wear and tear better over time. It also has a very low coefficient of friction, which means that it doesn’t stick when trying to move dishes around the countertop. Finally, quartz is environmentally friendly since it doesn’t require special care or treatment. If these reasons aren’t enough to convince you, consider this: Quartz Counters are nearly always cheaper than granite! So if you’re looking to update your kitchen in the coming years, selecting a Quartz Counter may be the best option.