Solar panels are becoming increasingly important due to their various benefits, such as reduced utility bills, increased property value, non-exhaustive and renewable nature, and many others. If you’re interested in solar but don’t want to pay for the panels yourself, there are plenty of options available from Houston’s electric providers. With a little research at Power to Choose Houston, you can find a solar plan that’s right for you and start saving money on your electric bill. They are considered the most reliable and cheap source of clean energy compared to other sources such as wind, nuclear energy, biogas, and hydroelectric power. But did you know that various types of solar panels that vary in efficiency?
According to solar energy companies, some types of solar panels are more efficient than others. Hence you need to be aware of its different types to opt for the one which has the most efficiency and is most cost-effective.
Keep reading the blog to learn everything about the different types of solar panels.
The Most Efficient Types of Solar Panels
According to solar energy companies, three types of solar panels are used the most in residential and commercial installations:
They are considered the most efficient and cost-effective compared to the other types of solar panels. Let’s have a look at these three types of solar panels in detail.
Thin-film Solar Panels
As per solar energy companies, thin-film solar panels are considered the best for transportation as they are convenient to move and lightweight. As they are made from thin films and not silicon. Hence they are the least efficient of the three. Hence, they are used mainly for transportation as there is not much need to produce more power. The portability and flexibility of these types of solar panels are why they are popular.
- Convenient to move and portable
- Less expensive to produce as they are not made from silicone
- Best for transportation, such as on bus rooftops or moving refrigerators
- Not suitable for rooftops. As for rooftops, they would require a larger space to employ sufficient sunlight for energy production.
- They are weaker as compared to other solar panels as they are made from thin-films due to which homeowners do not much prefer them.
Monocrystalline solar panels are considered the best and the most efficient among all the types of solar panels. They are preferred the most for residential and commercial purposes as they are perfect for large energy systems. However, it is important to note that they come in varying sizes. Hence, if you need a smaller energy system, there are smaller installations for monocrystalline solar panels as well.
- They do not require a larger space as compared to thin-film and polycrystalline solar panels
- They are made from silicone with quality purity rating due to which they have a high efficiency
- As they are made from silicone, they are reliable and may last up to 25 years due to the innate features of silicone
- They are a bit more expensive as compared to the other two types of solar panels mentioned above due to their complex construction
- Not suitable for extreme weather, especially in colder climates. Heavy snowfall might damage the solar cells causing the system to fail.
Polycrystalline solar panels are made from multiple crystals of pure silicone that are molded together, just as the name suggests. Greater amount of crystal is not always better, though. They are considered to be less energy efficient as compared to monocrystalline solar panels. But what makes them popular is that they are made for a range of power settings from 5 Watt to 250 Watt and even higher. This makes them a fine choice for large and small installations.
Also read Imginn
- Less expensive to install
- Environment-friendly as less waste is produced when making them
- Reliable and durable
- Lower efficiency as they are made from silicone which is lower in purity as compared to monocrystalline panels
- Takes up a larger space to produce more energy
So these are the most popular and efficient types of solar panels for residential and commercial purposes, according to solar energy companies. No matter which type of solar panel you opt for, you must ensure that you go to a reliable company for the installation process, such as SOLARSME, which has a well-experienced and trained staff that considers various important factors to ensure optimum solar efficiency.
click here more